Zocker

Good Deals General

87 posts in this topic

This topic is for when you find great game deals that you want to share with the community, first and foremost free games (I'm talking games that aren't usually free here, you don't need to post everything you found on the Newgrounds frontpage) and beta keys. 

If you find a good deal, post away!

Current Deals

On 7.7.2016 at 11:30 AM, Zocker said:

It's Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, so for the rest of the year they are giving away one free game per month (as in, anyone can get a free copy of that one game). You need a Uplay account though, which I know can be a turnoff. Anyway, first game is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I already own this one (and really need to finish it some day) but if you don't, I recommend it.

The July deal has started and it's the original Splinter Cell. Like I suspected, you can't get PoP anymore, so if you care about Splinter Cell, get it within a month.

On 12.7.2016 at 3:43 PM, Blur said:

Lead and Gold. Dunno what the game is about, but they are giving away 100k keys.

http://100k.fatsharkgames.com/

On 13.9.2016 at 6:31 AM, Skye said:

bees are just serendipitous cuckolds for the entire Plantæ kingdom.

oh zocker , you are kawaii .   :wub:  

- Hedgie

It is a pretty good game. This game is ages old and came out on the PSP. I wouldn't consider it an action-RPG any more than Zelda is, though - it's more of a platformer-adventure game.

Also: Falcom developed it. If you've ever played the Ys games, you'll know what that means.

Just going by my sources. Those sources being the Steam Greenlight page and trailer. Haven't played Ys games but I've heard good things about them. 

EDIT: Changed the topic to be a little more general so it can be used for similar stuff in the future. If you find a good deal, feel free to post it and I'll add it to the OP. Or do it yourself, if you got the mod tools. 

- Hedgie

I know. I guess HP meter = RPG these days, since I've seen Zelda referred to as an action-RPG too.

The Humble Store is running a sale on a couple of Ubisoft games for the next day only. I know, Ubisoft, but still:

Rocksmith: 2014 Edition - $14.99

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $19.99

From Dust - $3.74

Rayman Legends - $9.99

There are some more but I don't feel like listing 'em all, so those are the top three on the Humble Store right now. Most of these use Uplay.

Check out the store listing for the whole sale if you're interested. EDIT: This deal's gone.

And if you've missed it, The Humble 2K Bundle is going on now and gives you 13 games, including ALL of the XCOM games (classic ones included) for $20, all redeemed to your Steam account. If you're willing to skimp on a few bucks, you can pay what you want to get a lesser selection. EDIT: This deal's gone too.

Added @Blur's post to the OP. Updated @ethd's part because those deals are over and there are only a few hours left on the 2K bundle.

- Hedgie

Band of Monsters, an RPG for smartphones and tablets that's usually $7.99, has gone free. As in, free free. Just free. Zero dollars. Zero euros. Zero pounds. Zero yen. No dinero. Free. Kemco RPG's have been typically hit and miss for me, but with more hits than misses, and the fact that the game is free, it's worth checking out. Did I mention it's free?

Also, one of the advertising shots of the game claims you can meet a girl called the Pendulum. Meeting girls sounds fun. Especially in a free game.

The game is free, though who knows if it's temporary or permanent. It's free, though, so get it while it's free.

Google Play (Free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.hitpoint.mateki&hl=en

App Store (Free): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id818073995?mt=8

EDIT: The 2K bundle is gone; post edited to reflect that. Head on over to the Humble Bundle website for the new Square-Enix bundle. Yes, pay what you want for up to 17 Square-Enix games - as low as $14.99 if you want all of them. Any RPG's like we know Square-Enix for? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Of course not.

I hate double-posting.

With that out of the way, I'm pleased to announce that I am finally going to be done playing The Sims 1 and play the cutting-edge Sims 2 instead, which is the reason for my double-post to bump this topic back onto the homepage: The Sims 2 and all of its expansions (comprising The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) are now free. It looks like it'll only last until July 31, so hurry. The catch is Origin, but for a few months now Origin has gotten to be as tolerable as Steam.

If you uninstalled Origin because EA is annoying or you've never had Origin in the first place, here's the relevant info:

Download and install Origin. Create an Origin account. Launch Origin and log in.

Once you're into Origin, click the Origin menu in the top-left, then click "Redeem Product Code..."

Type I-LOVE-THE-SIMS into the Product Code box.

It'll ask you to confirm that you want the game - follow the prompts.

Once you're done, The Sims 2 will be in your games. Click "My Games" on the top to start downloading.

This is useful even if you've still got your discs, because a digital copy is always nice to have.

Nice one, added to the first post. Not sure if it's worth to have my files scanned, but Sims 2 is bretty good. 

- Hedgie

Not sure if it's worth to have my files scanned, but Sims 2 is bretty good. 

I feel like I'm missing something here.

There was much fuss about Origin scanning your files and sending the data to EA. I'm relatively certain they still do something to the effect. 

EDIT: Found this.

- Hedgie

Hm. Never heard of that. I just checked Procmon myself and didn't see anything to that effect. Still, who knows. Be wary of that Sims deal if you're worried about privacy.

Removed Link to the 2K bundle since it's over. Highlighted that Sims 2 deal since it'll be over soon. Also:

Early heads up: The first Payday game will be free on the 18th of October. 

- Hedgie

Red Faction: Guerilla  is currently 90% off on Steam (99 cents). It's fun. 

- Hedgie

Removed deals that have ended.

- Hedgie

DUE TO WHAT I ASSUME TO BE AN ERROR THE TROPICO 4 COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE IS DIRT CHEAP RIGHT NOW

This will probably be fixed soon so if you want to grab it, do so while you can. 

- Hedgie

Actually, Kalypso is having some INSANE sales lately, so I wouldn't be shocked if this wasn't an error at all. Hurry, though, it's only for a day.

EDIT: I guess the Steam page says "Save up to 85%," not "Save up to 99%," so it probably is an error.

Aaaaaand it's gone. 

- Hedgie

Not gone, per se - it's $5.99, which is still a fantastic deal. Just not quite as amazing as 99% off.

That is a great deal of watermelons.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE

Remember Tropico? If you don't, it's just a few posts above. 

Anyway, #3 is free on HumbleBundle right now and this time it's not a bug. 

- Hedgie

It's already over, but still, good game. I love Tropico.

The soundtracks to a bunch of Valve games (and that one documentary) are free right now if you own the base game on Steam.

EDIT: The games in question are 75% off too but, you know, they're Valve games so that happens all the time.

- Hedgie

Can't link anything right now but apparently Dragon Age Origins is currently free on - how appropriate - Origin.

- Hedgie

Alien vs Predator Classic is free for 48 hours. Well, probably less than 48 hours by now, can't check.

- Hedgie