Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zocker

Steam holy shit

17 posts in this topic

People are being logged into other people's account, they can see all those people's info, including papal/payment details, email and transaction history and you can allegedly add funds (as in, from someone's credit card or Paypal), it may or may not be possible to perform transactions. This is a huge fucking security concern holy shit

=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O

On 13.9.2016 at 6:31 AM, Skye said:

bees are just serendipitous cuckolds for the entire Plantæ kingdom.

oh zocker , you are kawaii .   :wub:  

- Hedgie

Man they fucked up badly, clicking on Add Funds sent me to d**********12's account where I believe I could've added £100's worth of store credit and the 2nd picture shows that I got into somebody elses account. Can see in picture 1 I have a balance of £0.14, logged in to some guy with a balance of £0.11, then another with £0.09.

Also I could see the last 2-4 digits of people's bank cards or paypal (Picture 2)

Pro tip: Never store card details

steam2.png

steam1.png

by the way , could you withdraw other user's funds ? lol . smells crime . Jamie you can do it . no , dont , in the name of christ .

You can't withdraw money from Steam. There are conflicting reports about whether you could buy games or add funds to Steam but since this was (confirmed) a caching issue, I don't see how that would have been possible. Still, lots of people got their information leaked and the only statement Valve has released is basically "everything is fine" which it obviously isn't. This stuff was going on for over an hour. 

Jamie and I already confirmed we had no sensitive information on Steam so we should be in the clear. The thing is that there were a number of accounts that multiple people reported seeing so it's likely that not all accounts were affected - it's just that nobody knows which are the accounts that leaked, other than the ones that were contacted by other users or posted publically online. Huge mess.

- Hedgie

I was trying to buy a couple of games when this happened.

Due to the way the caching seems to work, I have my doubts that any of my information got leaked (since I didn't look at my account info screen at any point). It's still utter garbage. Steam won't be getting off on this just by saying that everything was okay.

My card info was stored on Steam, but I removed it and I'm going to be watching my credit card. The last four digits or not, there's a lot of capability for using some of the leaked info for social engineering my other accounts.

There was a great video that mentions what happened, and basically how you couldn't actually buy things using people's cards during the fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkSslseq9Y8

Tom Scott is a super interesting dude.

True, love his videos on Computerphile.

- Hedgie

Free Steam Game Compensation 2016 boys.

C H E A P B O Y Z

1021839.png 1064898.png

image1.png?uid=14765&m=0 | image1.png?uid=14765&m=3

Tom Scott is a glorious bastard, he explains things so well.

22 hours ago, Dehv said:

Free Steam Game Compensation 2016 boys.

C H E A P B O Y Z

That'd be great, but seeing as this is Valve we're talking about, we'd be lucky to even get an official statement that actually adresses th issue.

- Hedgie

http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/

I T ' S   S O M E T H I N G

- Hedgie

12 hours ago, Felix Navidad said:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/

I T ' S   S O M E T H I N G

URL = http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/

19852 are numbers in the URL.

9 - 8 + 2 = 3

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

1021839.png 1064898.png

image1.png?uid=14765&m=0 | image1.png?uid=14765&m=3