Carvool

Adopt QuincyBot

7 posts in this topic

Okay. Here's the thing. QuincyBot has had a lot of downtime in the community. I have had a lot of downtime in the community.

Here's why. My shitty 2007 MacBook? It's at the end of the line. Can hardly use the thing for a half hour before it freezes in some way. I will be getting a new laptop within the next couple weeks. HOWEVER...

I am retiring this laptop. I am sick of it. I haven't been online and I won't be online with it in that time period. Neither will QuincyBot. Here's where you come in. I need somebody who I can trust and who is technically inclined to host quincybot for me. This entails leaving a computer open with the quincybot script open for as long and as often as possible.

Preferrably, you will need the following:

- The savvy to run a python3 script with no GUI

- The ability write a batch script that will use a while loop to restart QuincyBot when he disconnects (I do it at ten minute intervals. You can choose less if you desire. I would do this for you if I were running windows.)

- A computer that will stay active for an indefinite period of time.

- My trust.

If you are interested in adopting him for a few weeks, get in touch with me, and I will give you the required files and instructions to run him proper.

Thank you.

phcf0EL.png

I adopted a watermelon holder !

Name: Purple Sonic

Dislikes: Keeping things to himself

Owner: Carvool

Get one now!

Okay. Here's the thing. QuincyBot has had a lot of downtime in the community. I have had a lot of downtime in the community.

Here's why. My shitty 2007 MacBook? It's at the end of the line. Can hardly use the thing for a half hour before it freezes in some way. I will be getting a new laptop within the next couple weeks. HOWEVER...

I am retiring this laptop. I am sick of it. I haven't been online and I won't be online with it in that time period. Neither will QuincyBot. Here's where you come in. I need somebody who I can trust and who is technically inclined to host quincybot for me. This entails leaving a computer open with the quincybot script open for as long and as often as possible.

Preferrably, you will need the following:

- The savvy to run a python3 script with no GUI

- The ability write a batch script that will use a while loop to restart QuincyBot when he disconnects (I do it at ten minute intervals. You can choose less if you desire. I would do this for you if I were running windows.)

- A computer that will stay active for an indefinite period of time.

- My trust.

If you are interested in adopting him for a few weeks, get in touch with me, and I will give you the required files and instructions to run him proper.

Thank you.

never thought its a so hard to keep melon stay online ... im afraid of keeping my PC turned on very long . because its old and might blow fire off power supply .

Oh man, the laptop thing sounds pretty bad. About the same thing happens to me when I use UE4 haha. But good for you that you can finally replace it. I guess you won't be here for E3 then?

On 13.9.2016 at 6:31 AM, Skye said:

bees are just serendipitous cuckolds for the entire Plantæ kingdom.

oh zocker , you are kawaii .   :wub:  

- Hedgie

W .. we should make some new robot like .... KINTOBOR ROBOT        LOL .

I guess you won't be here for E3 then?

It's possible. Website I ordered it from said it was coming on the 15th. If all else fails I can chat with you on my macbook and watch the stream on my phone.

phcf0EL.png

I adopted a watermelon holder !

Name: Purple Sonic

Dislikes: Keeping things to himself

Owner: Carvool

Get one now!

I really enjoy the forum topic.Thanks Again. Keep writing. [Link removed]

Appreciate you sharing, great forum post.Really thank you! Fantastic. [Link changed]